Visions of Jesus Christ the Lord of Lords and King of kings of the ever Expanding Universe
by Frank Manasseri
There are only four men mentioned and written about in the scriptures that were given visions, or glimpses of the future Kingdom of Jesus Christ. There may have been others who were also given this insight, but only Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and John’s accounts are written in the scriptures.
The Prophet Isaiah:
The prophet Isaiah’s description of the future King of the kingdom of God, where
God opened the windows of heaven and allowed Isaiah to see a future vision of the Lord sitting upon his throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
In the year that king Uzziah died I saw:
1. The Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2. Above the Throne stood the seraphim’s: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
The Prophet Ezekiel:
The prophet Ezekiel also was given a vision of the future Throne of the Christ:
26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.(KJV)
The Prophet Daniel:
The prophet Daniel was also given visions in the night of this Holy Heavenly place as recorded in Daniel 7:13-14.
1. Behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
2. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.(KJV)
15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.
16 And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.(KJV)
5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.(KJV)
The Apostle John:
The Apostle John received similar revelations of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings in His risen glorified and exalted position which the Father had bestowed upon His Son.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.
The Apostle John’s description of the risen glorified Christ who is the Alpha and the Omega:
1. A voice like the sound of a trumpet
2. He said I am the first and the last
3. Like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot.
4. Girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
5. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow;
6. His eyes were as a flame of fire;
7. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace;
8. His voice as the sound of many waters.
9. In his right hand seven stars:
10. Out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword:
11. His countenance was as the sun shines in his strength.
12. He has the keys of hell and of death
All four of the accounts written in the scriptures paint a most vivid picture of an Awesome King ruling over His kingdom with all authority, holiness, righteousness, sternness and judgment. These biblical accounts depicts the four men who were given these visions, as men who were stricken with and awesome reverence, if not fear of the One coming to rule the world.
There is a day coming when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.