If you subscribe to KindleUnlimited you may download “The Magi” for free.
Monthly Archives: October 2018
Matthew 6:33(KJV) But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will added to you.
Christ made it simple for those who desire to follow His instructions to enter the Kingdom of God.
Christ told his followers they needed a change their perspective of life.
Notice Christ did not say unless we know everything possible about the kingdom of God, we will not be able to be a part of it.
In contrast He said if you just make it your first priority to seek the kingdom and His righteousness, then all the blessings of it will be added to us.
Like everything else the Lord taught, He simplified the message so that those who wanted to know His way of living could understand and apply what He taught to their everyday lives.
By simply seeking first by faith the kingdom of God and His righteousness . . . by making this the desire and focus of our lives then all the things the world is fighting over will be added or given to us. We then will experience the sufficiency of our heavenly Father.
What does the Lord mean by the phrase “and His righteousness”?
His righteousness is simply God’s way of living life which is covered on the Gospels, the book of Acts and church epistles.
After all if we believe He created all life, then surely He must be the ultimate authority on life and how to live it properly and for our greatest blessing.
We know the kingdom of God will not be materially established in this world until some future unknown date. However the Lord came to usher in His kingdom as a living reality for those who would accept and believe His words.
In other words the crux of the matter is the kingdom of God Christ is living God’s way and not the Worlds way.
Christ told His followers the kingdom of God is and hand and is within you therefore this kingdom of God or God’s way of living life is available to all those who accept and believe the words of Christ today.
Christ said that we cannot serve god and Mammon. Or we cannot serve the World and the kingdom of God simultaneously.
The choice is up to each and every individual to either go God’s way or the world’s way and the only way a person can make an intelligent decision is if they have all the information they need to do so.
This is where those who follow Christ come into the picture. Christ said we were to go into the entire world and preach the gospel of the kingdom of God to every creature.
Mark 16:15-16 (KJV)
And he said unto them, Go ye into the entire world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
By sharing the Good News of the Kingdom of God with others is the best way the followers of Christ can help this troubled word.
When we do this we become the light and salt of the world.
Kingdom Living Takes a Change of Attitude
Acts 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Some have asked what are the things pertaining to the kingdom of God Jesus spoke of for forty days to His followers?
Briefly off the top of my head here is a short list of what the scriptures teach are the things concerning the kingdom of God:
1. In order to see the kingdom of God a man must be born again from above.
2. In order to enter into the kingdom of God a man must be born of the spirit.
3. Acknowledge the Creator as our Father in heaven.
4. Love God with all of our hearts, soul, mind and strength and love our neighbor as we love ourselves
5. Learn from the various accounts in the Gospels where Christ demonstrated how to live in this world as a kingdom citizen
4. Learn from The Sermon on the Mount from His Manifesto as King what the attitudes of a kingdom citizen are
5. Learn from the Book of Acts how ordinary people you and I became witnesses of the risen glorified king of the Universe. By speaking the Good News they proved by many infallible signs, miracles, and wonders the power of the spoken words of the good news about the kingdom of God
6. Learn from the church epistles how to walk in the spirit via the New Man that was created in you by God in righteousness and true holiness.
7. Learn from the Book of Hebrews how different Jesus The Messiah is from every other creature and what His role is Today in the lives of all who accept Him as Lord.
Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. And there was great joy in that city.